“PHONES” are becoming an intensely most popular electronic device in the current world, they are also replacing the old telephones.
I think in today’s worlds everyone as phone or I can say a huge majority of these as the smartphones, which allow the user to connect with peoples through the internet, sending text as well as playing games, video calling, and much more stuff. All this feature are accessible at one’s fingertip in 2020.
However, with this powerful technology, no matter how beneficial it is, But it also comes with the potential for abuse.
In fact, the smartphone is now essential for any business, for the purpose of internal and external communications. Phones are tremendously useful tools, with incredible potential for communication and organization, as well as the obvious advantages of having a wealth of knowledge accessible right anywhere any time at one’s fingertips.
So here we are discussing the
Phones – Pros and Cons in 2020
So here are the
Pros of Phones
- With our phone waiting for things becoming less of a pain because you can keep yourself entertained or busy, like, by reading books, news, playing games or listening music, watching a movie, etc, by using your phone.
- Phones are evolved from the earliest communication device. Thus it primarily improves the people’s way of communicating with each other. The advent of smartphone technology modernized communications.
- Another advantage of the Smartphone is it as a potential for collaborative learning, especially for group projects. Students are able to organize, share notes and information, and connect at a deeper level than ever before.
- cell phones allow parents and children to stay in touch. If a child needs to stay after school or college and needs a ride, they are able to call their parents and let them know by simply using their phone. Cell phones can be important in emergency situations as well when a parent needs to quickly get in touch with their child or vice versa.
- The smartphones also make it easy for people to surf the web. These smartphones are integrated with mobile browsers that enable them to search want they want and access websites anytime and anywhere. According to a study, 18% of the total time spent by the user on smartphones is used to surf the internet, to solve there query that they have. This makes it easier for the user to access the internet.
- Smartphones can do almost everything with the help of apps, internet. That we even cant imagine. There are around 2.5 million apps in the Google Play Store while over 1.5 million apps in the Apple App Store. People spend 88% of their time accessing the apps instead of visiting the website. The functionality of apps varies from each other – photo and video editor, ticket booking, online store, payment system, data analysis, personal assistant, etc.
- Now one can also pay or make the transition online.
- Smartphones enable access to encyclopedias, videos, and entire libraries of knowledge, right in one’s pocket.
Cons of Phone in 2020
Every rose has its thorn, and mobile phones come with a plethora of Cons.
- A study reveals that texting or calling while driving has already caused millions of deaths from traffic accidents every year. Included in this number are teenagers, who are contributing to an insane amount of accidents due to mobile devices. While some cellular phones have already been integrated with voice-navigation and hands-free capabilities, the threat from using the phone while driving is not totally removed, but just downplayed. When driving, we should just avoid text or call because this can cause our attention to slip from the road, from which outcomes can be devastating.
- Constant use of a phone can increase health risks. This can include loss of sleep or problems with posture due to looking down at the small screen at the phone all the time. Even still, youth who lead a sedentary lifestyle by staying on their phone nearly all of their waking hours are more prone to suffering from obesity.
- Accept it or not—we are addicted to our mobile phones, and the idea of leaving them at home or turning them off would give us or some people instant anxiety. This is also due to the fact that making an actual voice phone call can make many of us nervous, so we would just prefer to converse in short text messages. And again, many people are obsessed with checking in on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media networks.
- The Internet can be a heaven for some people, but there is always danger around some corner. Whether it be inappropriate materials or online chat rooms, there can always be a risk of your child being exposed to something they shouldn’t be. Make sure to talk to your child about the risks associated with being online and you can even take measures to block certain sites or content.
- Using smartphones to cheat in examination time has become a big issue in many schools and colleges in the world. Students put their phone in desks and easily text the answer to his friends. Now a day many of these devices are compatible with the internet, schoolchildren or college students can sometimes even find the answers using a Google on their phones. And if they are caught cheating, they can face serious consequences.
- Everybody is wishing to have the newest, fastest, amazing look and fanciest smartphone in the market and manufacturers are happy to oblige. Damage and upgrades are making millions of cell phones obsolete each year. Now, here is the problem: Phone is coated with lead, aluminium body and these devices lithium-ion batteries can explode if exposed to direct sunlight or high temperatures, because of this land pollution are increasing. Though electronic-waste recycling rates are improving, they are too slow to cope up with this issue.
- In today’s world, sending sexual messages or pictures to or sexting another person is also an issue for parents to consider before purchasing smartphones for their loving one(children). There are many cases where adults and children are receiving messages that include explicit messages from people who have their numbers and choose to send them such messages. Because of this many children get depressed or some child takes some serious steps to handle an issue.
- Children are now spending more time on the smartphone instead of spending time playing some outdoor games that make them fit and enthusiastic. Phones also degrade the level of think of a child and also take away their quality of life since they will be more at risk for health issues, as well as taking away from nature and play or interact with other children.
So the Conclusion is
However, with any new technology, no matter how beneficial, comes the potential for abuse. But It is a fact that phones are helpful to people in many situations.
After all, PHONES are created with a good purpose to make our life better, but many individuals are failing to know how to use this new technology in a proper way.
I think given these pros and cons, a long-time question ! ! school ban mobile phones or not? Is a phone good or bad for children? Based on the pros and cons of the phones listed above, what is your opinion, what can you say about the issue?
Please lets us know, THANK YOU